Search...

Friday 25 October 2013

Reading Slumps: The Good

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly


What is a reading slump?
You know when you want to read a book? You're really excited to pick it up again and see what happens next? You're about to pick it up and then you just... procrastinate?
You never actually get to the point where you pick the book up?
I'm sure that differs for everyone but that's just me.


The Good?
So you're probably thinking 'how is a reading slump good?'
Well you can have a reading slump for a good reason. The book I'm reading right now Maggie Stiefvater's The Dream Thieves is so good and I've been anticipating it for so long that I just don't want it to end. So I may be unintentionally putting myself of reading it.
I'm going to choose this time to point out that there's a difference between a 'slump' and a 'break'.
It's ok to take a break every now and again from reading. Healthy even. A slump is specifically when you want to read but feel like you're forcing yourself.

Subscribe to my blog to read the next parts of The Bad and the Ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment